In 2017, wives donated over 1,600 hours to Wives of Armor. Because of our wives, Wives of Armor has been able to
- donate $14,540 to the wives of fallen law enforcement officers
- $500 to children's charitable causes
- 65 pairs of shoes to kids in need
- 92 pairs of socks to kids in need
- 104 pairs of under garments to kids in need
- 32 pairs of pants to kids in need
- Each WOA chapter adopted children for Christmas and were able to provide gifts for 12 children and their parents
- WOA sponsored the "Autism & Law Enforcement Awareness" class
- WOA sponsored the "Stop the Bleeding" class for law enforcement officers in Northeast Arkansas
Making a Difference
Wives of Armor was founded in Russellville, Arkansas and is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization comprised of wives who are married to law enforcement officers who have the power to arrest. Our first year has come to an end, and we have grown from just a few wives to over 250 wives. We are super excited that we have also added several chapters across the state.
Wives of Armor currently has 14 Programs that we focus on statewide.
1) Hospitality Rooms following Officer Funerals
2) Scholarships to Children of Law Enforcement Officers
3) Donations to Fallen Officer Families
4) Law Enforcement Appreciation Day Event
5) Wives Retreat
7) Academy Care Packages for Wives
8) Welcome Packets for New Wives
9) Police Memorial Week - Snacks
10) Police Memorial Week - Trip to D.C.
11) Family Day
12) Officer Outreach
13) Organization Development & Awareness
14) Charitable Causes Support
Our Officer Outreach program began with us providng snacks to around 200 officers every other month. That number has grown to almost 600 officers!
Wives of Armor is making a difference and is growing daily. We look forward to the day when all wives will have a chapter in their area where they can work with WOA on a local level, and continue to make a difference statewide. If you are a wife who would like to get a WOA chapter started in your area, just let us know. We would love to help you!
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wivesofarmor/.
Officer Hospitality Room
We are committed to providing a hospitality room following Arkansas law enforcement funerals. The 800+ officers who travel from all over the country to attend another officer's funeral deserve a place to connect with each other and simply decompress. As spouses of these officers, we understand the BROTHERHOOD. We are humbled at the opportunity and the responsibility of providing this service. Our goal is to also provide a meal and/or refreshments at the hospitality room. Donations to help us provide a hospitality room are greatly appreciated and can be done with the donation link under our STORE tab above.
Honoring the Families of Our Fallen Officers
We are heart broken by the loss of our fallen officers, and it is our desire to design a very special tshirt to benefit the family of every fallen Arkansas officer, with the proceeds of the shirts going to the officer's family.
Lt. Kevin Mainhart, Yell County Sheriff's Office E.O.W. 5-11-17
Lt. Patrick Weatherford, Newport Police Department E.O.W. 6-12-17
Timothy Braden, Drew County Sheriff's Office E.O.W. 8-24-17
Law Enforcement Appreciation Day
The 4th Annual L.E.A.D. event took place on January 6, 2018 in Russellville, AR. Officers from departments all over the state attended and were treated to the comedic talent of "MIKE the COP". It was an evening of laughter that was enjoyed by all in attendance! The 5th Annual AR L.E.A.D. event is scheduled for Saturday, January 12, 2019. More details will be published as the event gets closer.